Find your nearest sales agent
Carbon dioxide is a slightly acidic, non-flammable, odourless and colourless liquefied gas. CO2 weighs more than air and is soluble in water.
This gas is produced in our ammonia plants in Palos and Puertollano and is obtained from the combustion of the natural gas that we use as a raw material to produce ammonia.
The use of carbon dioxide is widespread:
- Food: Beverage gasification, packaging, refrigeration and freezing.
- Deburring and grinding.
- Applications in metal processing.
- Medicine: metabolic mixtures.
- Cellular plastics: supercritical fluid extraction.
- It is also used as an extinguishing agent, cooling the fire (in the form of carbonic snow) and making it difficult for the flames to contact the oxygen in the air.
Safety data sheet