The objectives set by the Chair have been practically fulfilled, after these last two years with hardly any activity due to COVID-19.
- The Chair has continued to collaborate, as it does every year, in the awards of the 14th Congress of Agronomic Engineering Students held on 10 May.
- On the other hand, the Chair also awarded two prizes for the Best Final Undergraduate and Master's Projects and Theses to Ms Verónica Menéndez Sánchez and Mr Rafael Jiménez Horcajada. The awards were presented by the Director of the Chair at the graduation ceremony held at the Technical School of Agricultural, Food and Biosystems Engineering (ETSIAAB).
The Fertiberia Chair of Agri-environmental Studies, established by agreement between Grupo Fertiberia and the Polytechnic University of Madrid (UPM), has been in existence for many years since its creation in 2007. Thanks to the satisfactory collaboration between the two entities, a new agreement will be signed in 2023 to continue and renew this close and long-standing relationship.
The Fertiberia Chair of Agri-environmental Studies has the following fundamental objectives:
- To promote studies on aspects related to the efficient use of fertilisers while respecting the environment in order to contribute to the development of sustainable agriculture.
- To develop research activities to learn about new fertilisers and new agricultural techniques that meet the requirements of national and European environmental legislation.
- To disseminate knowledge and technologies related to good practices in mineral nutrition for technicians and farmers.
- To collaborate with the company Fertiberia in studies that allow for the expansion of the existing industrial and commercial offer and the diversification of the company's activities.
- To cooperate in training and professional education programmes aimed at UPM ETSIAAB students and graduates.
The Chair carries out numerous activities throughout the year, thanks to the collaboration of the UPM and especially the ETSIAAB, the Director of the Chair and the Monitoring Committee. This report aims to give an overview of the actions carried out in 2022.