Concentrated solar thermal technology to increase efficiency
This project (IN POWER – Advanced Materials technologies to QUADRUPLE Concentrated Solar Thermal current POWER GENERATION) intends to develop and integrate new innovative material solutions into concentrated solar thermal technology to increase efficiency while lowering the cost of energy production.
- Our company participates as a consortium partner in the development of thermal energy storage materials to increase the thermal capacity up to three times higher than standard materials, thus reducing the size of the thermal storage.
The specific objectives of the IN POWER project are to develop:
- Polymeric smart mirrors with high optical and mechanical performance.
- New and innovative solar field design architecture that will improve the design of existing solar plants by reducing their size by up to four times for the same capacity.
- New lightweight composite materials to optimise the structure of the solar mirror.
- New selective absorbers and vacuum-free receivers designed for high temperature operation.
- New thermal energy storage materials to increase the thermal capacity up to three times higher than standard materials.